Some are finding that;
- Insurance premiums that have been faithfully paid have controversial claim clauses
- FEMA is a blessing and a curse. Small interest loans..... which require paperwork & patience.
- The world revolves around Manhattan and you may or may not receive the help you need.
- The generators they bought are useless without gasoline.
- Water is sacred resource.
- Food may be a fighting point with a neighbor.
- Kindness still exists among strangers
- Comfort is found from civic leaders.
- They may need to relocate, leaving the towns they lived in their whole lives.
- They are facing funeral arrangements.
But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? IJn 3:1How can you help?
- Go to New York or New Jersey
- Send resources through a respected group that is going to New York
- Give Blood
- Start a food drive, blanket drive, coat drive.....
- Provide a hug or listening ear to someone that is going through this.
Father God we ask you to wrap your arms around our brothers and sisters that are facing these monumental problems. We ask you to make a way for them to come upon the resources needed to provide food, shelter water, warmth and any other needs. We pray Father for all of the families that have lost loved ones in the storm that you provide them with comfort and peace. We pray Father for restoration of the land, the homes the families, the electricity, the businesses. We pray Lord that if the winds have scattered families from their homelands that you direct their paths as you seem fit. We pray Lord that you give the weary.. rest, the brokenhearted... peace, the devastated... hope. As we heard in the sermon we are cast down....but not destroyed.
We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; 9Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; II Co 4:8 &9We thank you Father that we can lift our heads, lift our hands and lift our hearts and praise you in the storm. In Jesus name we pray. Amen