Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Test of Faith

So I write a blog on no plague shall come nigh my dwelling and what happens? After the strange remnant rains of Isaac poured over the Hoosier heartland for two days, everyone in my household, including me came down with a terrible respiratory infection.

That is why I haven't been on the last couple of nights, I have struggled with the sniffles all the while standing on the Word of God, by His stripes I am healed!

Why is it we get tested?

12. Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to test you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
13But rejoice, since you are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, you may be glad also with exceeding joy. I Pe 4:12-13.
 
I know this scripture is in the Bible, yet every time my faith gets tested I find myself thinking how strange this is.  Especially when you speak or teach or preach the Word of God.
 
For instance, a few years ago I held a woman's Bible Study where we talked about Jael and how she took the nail from her tent and drove it through the enemy's head. Wouldn't you know that weekend a storm came up and pulled my gazebo that I had worked so hard to put up right up from the stakes and into my neighbor's field.
 
What do you do then? I get over my angry flesh and then I stand on the Word of God. Because the Word of God is true despite my circumstance. That is the only way to bring things back into the Godly perspective.
 
And then I humble myself before God and I remember that these are simple tests and trials of faith. I have not yet been beaten, jailed or had my family or my own lives threatened for the Name of Jesus.
 
I have lots of brothers and sisters all around the globe, daily that are suffering these trials. And I thank God for his enduring mercy and I pray for strength and mercy to be shown to my brothers and sisters that are facing these trials. Those in Egypt, those in India, those in China, those in Syria, those in Iran, those in the many nations of Africa...... I become so annoyed with myself that I felt any of my trials to be an inconvenience, and then I pray for forgiveness.
 
My mother-in-law and I joke that this is just a test, and only a test, but I feel so inadequate at times. Then I remember that it is nothing that I have done or haven't done. I am saved by grace, by the awesome grace and mercy of God, that sent his son Jesus to shed his blood for us.
 
So if you look around and you feel that one thing after another has tested you and how strange this is, look to I Pe 4 12& 13.
 
Bless you all,,
 
Praying for you all,
 
Heidi

1 comment:

  1. As Christians we’re tested every day with everything that’s around us our thoughts the unsaved guy that works on your car and hand you a bill for higher then the repair cost, you know it’s wrong but have to pay it in order to drive out of the repair shop. Angry but still hold your peace.
    I Praise God everyday for letting me pass the Tests and I have to remind myself this scripture:
    (That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and the unjust.) Mat.5:45

    We all will have troubles but in the mist of them I Praise God that we’re protected under his wings even sometimes I think I’m not able to hold on anymore.

    Thank you Heidi,
    Love you

    ReplyDelete