Sunday, September 30, 2012

This is the Day that the Lord Hath Made

If you are reading this you have been given the gift of another day! Praise God! This is the day that the Lord hath made, we will rejoice and be glad in it! Ps 118:24

People react so differently to this scripture. I am a morning person to the point of being annoying. I forget that not everyone's best time of the day is dawn! I love to watch the sunrise. I love to get up out of bed and start my day. I am the most talkative and the most energetic at this time.

 I remember being on a corporate road trip one day where we left San Pierre, IN at 5 am and drove to Detroit, MI. We were almost to Detroit before I realized I was the only one talking and the rest of my coworkers were scowling!

The one of the very first things that God does for us is give us the breath of life! To wake up breathing is a gift. I remember when the children were born and I would watch their angelic faces in the cradle and just watch them breathe. So precious, so innocent, so pure children and your children's children are gifts of God.

Children's children are the crown of old men; and the glory of children are their fathers. Pr 17:6

If this is true and Word of God is true, then why do we get the response when we say, "Good morning!", "What's so good about it?". I want to stop and tell them look around you, we are not in a war torn country, the sun is shining, the air is clean, you have a roof over you, you have breakfast at your disposal. Do you realize not everyone is that blessed?

Sometimes you get a small opening to explain this, but usually that attitude comes with a closed door. Then I see one of my elders that is smiling and joking at their breakfast table, despite the fact their bones are hurting full of arthritis as they sit in their wheelchair and it hurts to reach for a cup of coffee with arthritis filled hands. They still find joy in awaking to a new morning!

What is the difference? Attitude for one thing. We need to always walk in an attitude of gratitude! One time I saw a poster that said attitude is the crayon that colors your world! That has stuck with me! I could pick a yellow crayon today or a black crayon. I will get very different results.

Ok so how do we work on attitude? It is a challenge but it is not impossible.

But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible. Mt: 19:26. In this particular scripture Jesus was talking about salvation, but it is applicable in this instance as well. The grace of God will help us change our attitude!

2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.Ro 12:2. Here Paul tells us that transformations occur by the renewing of our minds! Joyce Meyers has a book The Battlefield of the Mind,  Paula White has a whole several part sermon on Be ye Transformed, that really breaks down the process of being transformed.

How to transform and renew your mind? We are told exactly what to think on in
Ph4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

So it is possible to create in yourself an attitude of gratitude through the grace of God! Let's all work on it and be able to say 
This is the day that the Lord hath made, we will rejoice and be glad in it!


2 comments:

  1. I never complain about mornings, 2AM-6AM is the heaviest time for me in prayer and Worshiping, giving thanks to Jesus for allowing me to wake up, having strength, able to move. Some of us take things for granted. God didn't have to wake us up but he did! Oh give thanks unto the Lord, for he is good: his mercy endureth forever. Psalm 107:1

    Thank you Heidi I love your blog
    Praying for you and Pastor Paul always














    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it! (Psalm 118:24) One of my favorite verses!!! You are so right, every breath we take is because of and thanks to God... Attitude is everything... I am working on being in His will always... and not leaning on my own understanding. Also I am working on not being worried and fearful during this time of spiritual warfare raging all around us, and rumors of war being discussed by everyone! I rest in God, in His Peace, a peace surpassing all understanding as I know my heart and mind is protected in Christ Jesus!(Philippians 4:7)... Thank YOU Jesus! Glory Hallelujah!

    God bless you Heidi, and Pastor Paul, and your family! Keeping you all in my prayers! <3 :-)

    ReplyDelete