Saturday, September 1, 2012

Prayers for those in the midst of trouble

Headline after headline speaks of trouble and turmoil. Floods in the Louisiana and Mississippi, earthquakes in the Philippines and southern California, a young man shoots his coworkers at a shopping center it goes on an on.

People are in trouble. Our society has become a hard and sometimes cruel place. This is placing burdens, worries, and cares on all of us. Whether we are the ones experiencing the troubles or whether we are the one supporting a child, sister, brother, mother that is in trouble everyone is affected. There is trouble on every hand.

David wrote the whole book of Psalms describing the depths of his heart as he worked through his struggles. He also wrote of his victory over these troubles as he was reminded of the strength that God provided to him in the midst of these troubles.

Father God I reach out to you now on behalf of those who need a boost today. I am praying for those who are overwhelmed by their circumstances. I am praying for those who look around and all they see is heart ache and pain. I am praying for those who don't know how they can make it one more day. I am praying for those who feel hopeless, who have cried so much there are no more tears. I am praying for those on the depths of despair.

If this is you pray along with me:

Father I cry out to you now.

 I pray that you meet me in the midst of my storm.
 I know Lord that you realize my circumstance,
 and I know Lord that you are the only one that has a solution.


I pray Lord that you look into my heart and
 cleanse any roots of bitterness,
cleanse any spots of unforgiveness,
 cleanse any blemishes of unbelief.


 I pray Lord that I can be strengthened to trust in you.
 I pray Lord that you meet me at the point of my faith
and you forgive me of any points that may be lacking in faith.


I pray Lord that you send others into my path to help remove obstacles.
I pray Lord that you give me wisdom to work out circumstance.
I pray Lord that your heavenly angels be sent on assignment to provide protection to minister strength and sustenance.


I am so thankful Lord that you hear me in my troubles.
I am so thankful that your light will break forth in my darkness.
I am so thankful that you are a God that answers his children.
I am so thankful that you are sending relief my way.


In Jesus Name we pray,


Amen

1 comment:

  1. Praying and Agreeing in Jesus Name Amen

    Thanks Heidi May God Bless,

    ReplyDelete